
the next wardrobe item on my sewing list is a pair of long gaucho pants. I'll be using Butterick See & Sew 5068, which is still available here in NZ although it's OOP (out of print) in the US. I'm after a fast sew project which is exactly what a See & Sew pattern promises to be. It's 3 pattern pieces: front, back, waistband and no pockets. I'm a lover of simple things! but first I'll have to work on getting my long list of adjustments right before sewing a stitch.
I've chosen this poly-viscose linen look fabric which I got at a Spotlight sale for $4 a metre. It's a dark chocolate colour and will look good with my jacket. Thanks to some great advice from Mary Nanna , I took a trip across town this morning to Smart Dress Fabrics and stocked up on interfacing. It's a very nice store with friendly, knowledgable staff. Great service too!
No comments:
Post a Comment