Sunday, October 21, 2012

inspiration found


I found the inspiration to finish the fabric samples top and here I am modelling it. I had to borrow an old belt and wear it loose for a slouchy look. I don't have any belts in my wardrobe. Hopefully I'll find the perfect belt at one of the op shops. The top looks better with a belt than on it's own. I like the 80s feel and it's reminiscent of what I wore as a uni student years ago.  



This is the fabric that I've chosen for making up the first of my New Look patterns. It is a good weight cotton sateen that was $5 a metre. I bought the last 2 metres, which is just enough to make the dress. I'm planning to attach an exposed metal zip to the back of this dress instead of the conventional zip. It should look good when finished.

No comments: