Thursday, October 25, 2012

flamingos


Pink flamingos on grey background - polysilk

Closeup - 20cm tall flamingos


Last weekend I took a trip to Spotlight to buy a metal zipper for the dresses that I blogged about last week. They didn't have any in stock. It would have been a wasted trip if I hadn't seen this really quirky flamingo print polysilk. I have no idea what I was thinking when I bought it. It's completely outside my comfort zone in terms of print size and colour. The flamingos are 20cm tall and stand close together. Anyway I bought 2 metres thinking that it would make a great tunic using Simplicity 7070 (which has been out of print for a few years now). I'm making view C (the sleeveless version) and of course shortening the pattern to tunic length. If I have enough left over, I'll make a self tie belt to suit.

No comments: