I had hoped to finish this jacket by today however I'm still a few tasks off finishing. I need to add shoulder pads to balance out my silhouette, put in the lining, add buttonholes, buttons and back tab. Looks like I'm still a few days away from completion (probably 2-3 days at the most.) I need to be more realistic about my 'slow yet steady' sewing speed!
The pattern has been a relatively easy sew although I haven't found the quirky design features too endearing. The notch collar is actually a wide collar with the notches cut into it (not the best notch collar I've ever sewn) and making my full bust adjustment was a little tricky as the front jacket panels integrated with the side panels. I also repositioned the front darts to ensure that the apex of the darts were in the right place for my bust. My sway back adjustment was quicker as the back panel contour lends itself to being reduced easily. It's been a while since I worked on a jacket (about 20 years) so I have some technique refinement issues but overall, I'm pretty happy with the jacket so far. I hope to post my very first pattern review of this pattern (Simplicity 2728) over at patternreview later on this week.
2 comments:
I really like that jacket and have had it on my wish list for quite some time ..like you, I was put off by the faux reveres .. basically it's just a notched shawl collar I guess .. it has a roll line? Or does it sit flat like a big peter pan .. you can reveal all on your pattern review!
yes and it's a very large shawl collar at that. Yes it's meant to have a roll line. I think it will much better when the lining is in.
Post a Comment