Saturday, August 1, 2009

miniature sewing

for about 6 1/2 years I was collecting 16 inch modern fashion dolls and would regularly make fashion doll clothing and jewellery that I sold online. My first sale on ebay was a vintage inspired ensemble for a Gene Marshall doll that sold for $40USD. It was a labour intensive process but because I enjoyed what I did, the time spent on it didn't matter so much. What I thrived on the most was the challenge of making a 'miniature' version of a human sized garment.

I was sorting through my photos last night and just thought I'd share a couple of images of my previous work.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
jersey knit halter top with ribbon and snaps in the back teamed up with pure linen fully lined bootleg pants


Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

a handmade beaded choker with female symbol. This was a really popular design.

Looking back, I can see that I produced quite a lot of doll garments. However since Miss 2's arrival I haven't felt inspired enough to do any of this doll sewing/crafting. Hopefully I might get back it to sometime soon.

2 comments:

Miss Smith said...

Wow, it must have been painstaking working on such small garments. They look gorgeous.

Pinkflowerbuttons said...

This is amazing and the photo is too. Big encouragement here.