a visual record of creative life in New Zealand with some sewing, photography and other equally delightful notions thrown into the mix...
Saturday, March 17, 2012
the 'betty' dress beginning
I've finally seen all the 'Mad Men' episodes and I'm feeling inspired about making a 'Betty Draper' styled dress (fitted top and full skirt) for a function in early April. Then I spy this Cynthia Rowley pattern on the Simplicity patterns website. This is exactly what I want. The cut of the bodice is ideal (I'll be making dress B, adding 1.5 inches to the length and doing a FBA). I really like the look of the box pleated skirt. It will be more flattering on me than the typical hugely gathered drindl skirt. As this pattern won't be released in New Zealand for at least another month, I've had to buy it from overseas, so now the waiting time starts. In the meantime, I'll be searching for just the right fabric. There's a few possibilities in the fabric stash.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment