vintage ducks in flight on the lounge wall - the last duck always looks like it's off course. These were inherited from my in-laws and started off their flight in the kitchen but are now permanently in the lounge.
a vintage print of Sir Gerald Kelly's "Saw Ohn Nyun" from the local Sallies store resides in the hallway. I love the delicate beauty of this image - regal yet poignant.
an antique sea turtle shell that was a gift from my parents, hangs on the wall in the alcove by the entrance door. I grew up playing with this shell - I imagined it to be so many things. Now it's a way to remember my beloved Grandpa who passed away in 1984. He was many things including an artisan who handcrafted jewelry from tortoise shell, abalone shell, coconut and other materials.
1 comment:
very Beautiful photo on wall, great score from an op-shop.
Post a Comment