a visual record of creative life in New Zealand with some sewing, photography and other equally delightful notions thrown into the mix...
Monday, September 13, 2010
border print dress
it took just over 2 hours to make this dress yesterday and I'm really pleased that it's finished. I realised as soon as I had it laid out to cut, that this fabric was going to give me problems. The design was printed uneven and wobbley (I hadn't noticed this when I bought it) so it was a challenge to even line up the border print at the bottom. You can see that I sacrificed the design symmetry at the neckline to keep the lower part of the dress looking somewhat even. Got there in the end and I'm very happy with the result. It's my version of the muu muu dress although it's 3/4s in length and not very full. Just perfect for tropical weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment