Friday, October 2, 2009

back from the beach



a beach holiday in September always seems a bit dicey - especially with unpredictable weather. It was a real mixture of rain and sun. Lots of long walks on the beach collecting shells, building sandcastles and generally enjoying nature. Mr 10 was the only brave one amongst us to swim in the sea brrr! Our first morning started off with a pod of dolphins cruising up and down the bay feeding, which was an amazing sight.


Miss 13 celebrated her birthday with 13 blazing chocolate cupcakes and lots of presents. As I watched her blow her candles out, I was a little teary thinking about how quickly the 13 years has gone. She is our 1st 'miracle' baby, after years of waiting & hoping, failed treatments & disappointments.




being without the internet, phone and tv was relaxing to start with. Then on Wednesday I turned the radio on to hear of the local tsunami warnings and that Samoa had been devastated by an earthquake and tsunami. My mother, sisters, brother in law and nieces were holidaying in one of the worst affected areas so it was a very anxious time waiting for news, thankfully they're all safe. Sadly many have lost so much...

ps: the sewing machine went on holiday but never did any sewing although I did rethink my wardrobe concept. I'll save that for the next blog post.

No comments: