Thursday, July 2, 2009

simplicity retro 3559



it's nice to be back blogging again after a full on week of caring for sick children with colds. The arrival of the swine flu has meant that children showing any cold/flu like symptoms have to stay home from school for a week. As a result not a stitch of sewing or crafting has been done.

In an effort to get motivated and focussed, I've made a 'to do' sewing list of the clothes I want to sew myself this year. You'll see the list in the left hand margin of my blog. First up is a dress made from Simplicity 3559. I'm a fan of the upright darts and the shaping of this dress will be flattering with the slightly fitted top and flaring skirt. I've read the reviews on patternreview and it all looks good. As for choice of fabric, I'm hoping to find a teal wool crepe or something similar.

4 comments:

Mary Nanna said...

Sorry your kids have been sick and that you missed your "ugly" fabric entry. Still looks like some happy sewing ahead!

Normatika said...

I couldn't motivate myself to finish off all the handsewing and then get my reluctant model out of bed to have her photo taken. It will be a case of slow sewing in the coming weeks as we're just about to start school holidays too!

Pinkflowerbuttons said...

PS love your new header design.

Pinkflowerbuttons said...

I love these patterns very groovy photos or top pattern.