the Simplicity 2728 jacket is slowly coming together. As my sewing time is limited, I've had to make a list of the construction tasks and spread them out over a 7 day period and then tick off as I go. So far the pattern has been cut, adjustments made, fabric cut, interfacing attached. Tonight it's cutting the bias strips for the hong kong seams (from the peachy orange polyester) and then the start of the jacket body construction (without the sleeves.) The sleeves and collar are for tomorrow.
it's a slow process that most sewers wouldn't even consider but it works for me. The days of pulling all nighters to finish sewing a garment or sewing instead of doing the household chores don't work for me now. I hope to show the finished garment next Monday and then get started on the next item for the wardrobe.
No comments:
Post a Comment