my sewing plan is to work on creating a mini wardrobe based on an 'orphan' skirt thats been lurking in the back of my wardrobe mainly because it didn't go with anything. I'm planning to make at least 4 items to go with it so that I can have 4-6 distinct looks. My colour palette is chocolate brown/turquoise/teal/off white/burnt orange.
first up in the sewing queue is a short jacket to be made up in a chocolate wool/viscose mix. I'm using Simplicity 2728. This jacket will have 3/4 sleeves, the wide notch collar and back tab. I'll omit the pockets, as they're unflattering on a pear shape and use contrasting hong kong seam finishing instead of lining the jacket.
my wardrobe mantra is: introduce colour, wear what flatters my shape and think mix n match.
1 comment:
That will look great - what a fabulous colour scheme. Can't wait to see how they turn out ..
Post a Comment