Sunday, June 7, 2009

inside the cape



it's been almost a month since I started my cape project. It started well. The fabric was chosen (medium weight black wool), the lining decided (blood red satin), the fabric cut and then the sewing started. Part way into my cape journey, I had a change of mind about the lining. The red lining had me thinking of those retro pictures of matadors and raging bulls and so the sewing stopped and the 'lining' dilemma began.

The cape project had been at a standstill for almost 3 weeks. Then last night, I had the proverbial 'lightbulb' moment when I remembered some bold floral satin hiding at the very back of the stash. Nice to think of flowers peeking out from the inside of the cape. With the lining dilemma now resolved, I can get back to cape sewing once again...

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Hi - just letting you know that I have nominated you for the "One Lovely Blog Award"...enjoy your week.