I'm taking part in the sewmamasew giveaway, which is held on 27th May. I'm giving away Enid Gilchrist's "Toddler Clothes" pattern book. This vintage book has patterns to draft for children aged 18 months to 4 years. View the photos to see more...
To enter, post a comment with your email or blog details on my 27 May post. The giveaway contest runs from 27-31 May, with the winner being randomly drawn on 1 June. I'll ship anywhere worldwide.
131 comments:
the wee girl's sailor suit is glorious!!!
I am curious about those, after seeing posts about them. myrayeretsky@sbcglobal.net or www.adventuresbabysewing.blogspot.com
Awww, those patterns look adorable! I've been trying to win an Enid Gilchrist book off of ebay for months, haven't nabbed one, yet.
I can be found at www.myvintagecharm.wordpress.com. Please enter me in the drawing :)
What a great book! I make a lot of clothes for my kids and this book would be great to get my hands on! Thanks for the great giveaway!
That looks like a good book.
Oh, how I love to make children's clothing. THis book looks delightful!
millkara [at] gmail.com
i love vintage patterns!
peacenluv78@gmail.com
I love vintage patterns for toddlers! I've used them happily with our girls and now we have a boy! Can't wait to explore vintage boy patterns now with fun new fabrics!
Wow what a fantastic book! And what a great blog.
Count me in!!!
Cheers.
Jx
What a great giveaway! I would love to win, thanks so much!
Awesome giveaway! Maybe I'll be able to find some boys patterns for once!
elizabeth@hellobelangers.com
What sweet patterns.
Wow! I love that book!
Thanks for the giveaway! You can reach me at http://kitknitty.com.
Ooh, I want it!
Amazing book! Love the details. proudarmywife00(at)yahoo(dot)com
Love the book. cjohns@idahocpa.com
That looks like there would be a lot of fun clothes to make in there!
I have a almost one year old and an almost four year old who I am now picturing in completely handmade vintage pattern wardrobe!
I'd love to actually make something from the book!
I've been scouring ebay for vintage toddler patterns, so winning this would be awesome!
This is the best giveaway I've come across. That is so cool!
How cute. I love vintage patterns and these would be adorable on my 9 grand-children. I would love to win! Thanks so much for the chance.
I adore my boys in retro clothes, I just got a dungaree pattern from the 70's in the mail today for my youngest as I loved him in the smaller ones I made him!
Anna
Awesome!!! I have two girls a three year old and a 10 month old and have just started sewing for them. I've done a LOT of pants, bloomers, and shorts, but no dresses or tops yet so this would be great!!
flip_em8@hotmail.com
what a cool book. It has some very cute patterns in it.
very cool!
AHHHH vintage kids' patterns. YAY!
Ooohh, I would LOVE to win this - crossing my fingers! I am just finding my love for vintage kids patterns with my girl. They are fantastic!
Loooooooooooove it.
I have been more of a knitter over the past 4 years since having picked it back up after getting married. However I find that since having my daughter that sewing is calling me more often. Perhaps because it can be faster than knitting. At the rate that she is growing, speed counts! Lovely blog! Please enter me in your drawing! I would love the inspiration. ajknts at gmail dot com
Too cute- I want it and I don't have any kids... yet!
this looks like such a great book. i adore vintage children's clothing
Thanks for a great giveaway! I love vintage patters and it would be fantastic to win these!
lucy(at)alittlebitofsugar(dot)com
I love retro kids patterns, I have seen some Enid patterns around and would love this book! THe sizing would be perfect for my kiddies. Thanks for the gorgeous giveaway.
Oh, so cute!
That is too cute! They just don't design kids clothes like they used to. I buy a lot of my kids clothes at thrift stores and consignment shops.
Love vintage patterns. I can just imainge what I could make for my 2 year old daughter. Ah to dream.
Very adorable! :D
bessthemess@gmail.com
this book definitely intrigues me, especially since I've started sewing for my girls.
Thanks for the giveaway!
i LOVE vintage patterns!
thanks!
jzuchows at princeton dot edu
Ooh, Ooh, Enid Gilchrist! The patterns look fantabulous!
Those are adorable! I'm a sucker for vintage kids patterns.
www.saraisabee.com
I lOVE these! perfect for my soon to be toddler! cheers Bron
VERY cute :)
Ohhh - the Raglan Coat pattern looks great! Very timeless! Thanks for the chance to win!
I like the dresses.
Oooh what a generous giveaway!! Please enter me into the draw.
This looks like a really fun book! Please count me in:)
Shawna
that is fabuless!
i wish to win it!
thanks for the giveaway
I can't believe you are giving away this book, you truly are generous - Enid Gilchrist books are the first thing I look for in an op shop. That said, I'll give it a happy home and I have a baby to dress like it;s 1970 when she's a toddler!
Kristy
www.loweryourpresserfoot.blogspot.com
Looks like a great book! I was given an old Aussie Ladies Home Companion or similar from 1961 that had some similar toddler clothes in my daughter loved, she'd be over the moon about these ones! That sailor one on the front is so cute. Or as my husband said, looking over my shoulder at them, "sweeeeeet"
Wow - these vintage patterns are gorgeous and I love the look of Enid Gilchrist's clothes and I have two children under 3 so would be perfect (if I could find the time to actually sew)!
so cute! I need more things to sew for boys and this pattern is adorable! thanks for the giveaway.
maisiesmom at gmail
what a great giveaway! many many thanks to YOu!!!
love***
you can play on my blog too
tara from http://atelierdetara.canalblog.com/
how adorable!
What luck - I have a toddler :) Would love to win these patterns.
This is such a great giveaway. I love retro clothing and patterns. This book would be perfect for our new little family!
oh retro is so in right now! thanks for the giveaway!!
Adorable!
Thanks for the giveaway!
www.craftyheidi.wordpress.com
Wow! I'd love to win this. What a generous giveaway. ashleyrjames@hotmail.com
What a really neat thing to give away! I love those vintage pattern books. Those clothes do eventually come back into style!
Are you kidding me? I'm drooling!! It's so hard to find cute patterns for little boy's clothes these days...one of the reasons I don't get a lot of sewing done for my boys. I'm determined to sew for my 6 month old little boy though!
I'm new to sewing. Would love to give drafting patterns a go :) ... fingers crossed I'm the lucky punter in your prize giveaway.
This is great. I am now getting my feet wet for sewing for children (that age and a bit older).
This looks like a great book!
what a wonderful book. i so hope i win! great addition to anyone's collection. http://pinkpetunias.typepad.com
Oh heavens! I love love love vintage kids' clothes. Those patterns look delicious. I've got a vintage floral bedsheet that would be perfect for those little dresses
Oh my goodness, I LOVE vintage patterns. I especially love the look on the little girl's face on the cover.
I love the book! Great idea. We will have three children three and under soon, so it would be put to good use here.
Great giveaway! Thanks for offering it.
How neat! I like the kwik sew books, and the old stretch and sew patterns. This looks like a good resource to have! (Plus I have a toddler)
yogawithgaileee@gmail.com
and
http://love2sew4fun.blogspot.com/
What could be better than vintage kids clothes? My daughter wears my old clothes sometimes! nforgue(at)gmail(dot)com
What an adorable book! I love these type of clothes and this would be perfect for the baby I have on the way! Thank you for the chance to win.
I'm thinking that my two nieces (2 1/2 and 8 months) in little matching vintage-pattern outfits would be absolutely the cutest things to ever exist.
crazyvogelhaver.blogspot.com
This looks like a fab book!
Very cool. I've been looking for a romper pattern for my son. Thanks!
Thanks for participating in the giveaway!
How neat! I love vintage patterns especially ones that let little girls look like little girls!
I love anything vintage for my 4 little ones. Thank you so much!!
oooh, i would love that book. i have a 20 month old little girl and she would look so cute. plus i want to learn how to draft patterns! thanks so much!
Wow - that is absolutely fantastic! I would be honoured to win. Please count me in.
I've been wanting to find some vintage patterns to make clothes for my daughter! how cooL
This is by far the most fabulous prize I've seen for far for the May Giveaways! I love sewing toddler clothes! My little boy is 2 years old and I have a little girl on the way. So excited about this one!
sweet giveaway. this would be fun to play around with!
gordandalisa at gmail dot com
How fun are those patterns!
What a fab giveaway! I love to make vintage clothes for my daughter in modern fabrics - so fun! Thanks for the chance to win :)
This is a nice giveaway as I am a Grandmother now sewing for toddlers. Looks like fun.
Nice giveaway! Best I've seen. and your blog is lovely!
Awesome giveaway!
I am 8. I am learning how to sew. I have been doing some embroidery stitches. My 6 year old brother is learning some too. I hope to be on the machine before the end of summer. There are pictures of both of us sewing together and of our projects on my blog. Further down in previous posts, I also have pictures of my family, mom, dad, 15 month brother and other brother and sister. We homeschool.
I am having a giveaway as well at
www.sewingsister.blogspot.com
and so is my mom at www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com
Oh, this book looks so cute! I love vintage patterns. Thank you for this giveaway! :)
lholy_chan [[at]] yahoo [[dot]] com
Wow at least you know a lot of people read your blog!! well I wouldn't stand a chance but here goes: pls come over to my blog to let me know. I will send some of my greeting cards as a return. I looovveeee enid Gilchrists books, they are a speciality in my Mums family as they come from my Nana.
oooh...I totally heart vintage childrens patterns...
Looks like a great book! Thanks for the giveaway!
parknj at verizon dot net
Oh goodness I love vintage patterns and the fact that these are from a different country puts me over the moon!!!!
I am fairly certain that my grandmother must have made some of those clothes for me. I'd love to return the favor to my nieces and nephews.
That is so darling! I love vintage patterns!
sasikirana(at)yahoo
This would be useful to me, count me in !
These patterns look adorable. Thanks for the chance to win.
The book looks interesting, especially because I have a toddler.
That looks like so much fun. I'd love to make the boys helmet and those jackets. Thanks for the giveaway.
spondah(at)aol(dot)com
I love the dress that was in the second pic.
simply.simon.sisters(at)gmail(dot)com
I think I'm going to win!
pjjllive(at)gmail(dot)com
Oh my gosh, this is awesome! I have been looking for cute clothes for my son, boys are so hard to find cute clothes...
love enid gilchrist - I have a couple of her pattern books!
Please enter me in the draw and don't forget to enter mine!
My fave giveaway!
Where do you find all these books?
I would love to be entered. The book looks awesome. Thanks!
I used to check that book out from the library, but then they discarded it and I never saw it again. Great book!
Very cute. Good children's clothes are timeless.
I would love this book!
Thanks for the giveaway, if I am the lucky winner, you can contact me through my website www.radseams.com.
That book looks really interesting, I love making childrens clothing.
OH MY GOSH!! I would love to win this. I am crossing everything including my little ones fingers! lol
I'd love, love, love this! It would feel especially special to win from NZ...hubby and I lived there for a year 10 years ago!
aww that's fun!
Perfect! My Daughter is almost 2, and I love vintage clothes! Thanks for the chance.
oh I love your giveaway!
please count me in!
Tina
I think this is the most amazing prize I've seen so far in all the blogs listed. Thanks for offering it up.
Oh my girls would look so cute in that romper!
Hugs & Blessings!
How cute are those dresses and coats! Hats even! Oh, i'd love to win this!!!
Thank you for entering the giveaway!
Em
Love the little coats!
What sweet vintage patterns, I love it!
What a fabulous book! It's so hard to find cute boy stuff, I love that overall in the pic!
Eeeee! (squeeking with glee!)My daughter Mimsey would look soooo cute in those little vintage outfits! I hope I win! Thank you so much for the chance.
xoxoxo Jaime
HI, I my gosh, I haven't thought about Enid Gilchrist for such a long time- I grew up wearing these patterns, I remember my mum with her patterns drafted onto newspaper stuck with masking tape. I am so sad she didn't hang on to her pattern books, I would love to win this!
Tanya
oooh! I love Enid Gilchrist's books! I've got two, and was only thinking today that I'd love the Toddler one!! delightfully retro! Thanks for the opportunity :)
Oh these are cute!
Thanks for doing the giveaway!
Cassie Driver
cmdoduck(at)gmail(dot)com
Oh wow I would love to get my hands on these, how cute are those little outfits!!! Please enter me :D
x Mel
What a fantastic book!!
thanks for the chance! I have a toddler girl, and I'd love to try some!
rossmer[at]gmail[dot]com
This pattern book is just what I could use about now. Thanks for holding this giveaway!
bhenage at gmail
Just discovered Gilchrist patterns. WOW! I sew for 2 g-babies, and in these economic storms, looking to get the most out of the fabric I purchase. Hope to win the book and then I won't have to deal with pictures of patterns.
dxvoisin@gmail.com
Those patterns are great and I know just which fabric I would use, so please pick me!!!
I'd love this! I love making things for my two toddlers! Thanks!
Post a Comment