
last week at the netball courts, I saw a lady wearing a fur coat, and honestly couldn't help but stare. Of course, that's a rare sight these days and it got me thinking about my astrakan coat. It was meant to be replacing the hair on my vintage dark hard plastic Pedigree dolls. Instead the dolls still have their tatty, worn hair. The coat is such a lovely vintage piece that I can't bring myself to cut into it.
The designers label describes the coat as 'a luxury coat that can be worn everyday' even though it can only be cleaned by a furrier. So I've resolved to take it out every other month, put on my heels and wear it around the house. It's a weighty coat, so maybe I could think of it as a workout lol!
Thanks for sharing another of my Nana chic moments!
1 comment:
I bet it's really warm too. The fabric on the bottom is intriguing too - some kind of lambswool? It's got wonderful texture.
Doll's loss, your great vintage gain.
PS love Nana chic, just can't get enough of it!
Post a Comment