my crafting for charity is inspired by my little nephew Jodeci, who was born at 24 weeks gestation. His twin brother passed away at birth. Jodeci is a real fighter and against the odds, he's progressing well. He celebrates his 1st birthday next month.
He was so tiny and needed specially handknitted teeny tiny beanies to keep his head warm. That's what got me started as I'm the only one in my family who knits. From there, I heard that there was a charity programme associated with the hospital that always needed knitters and sewers to make clothes and blankets for babies & toddlers. So I joined the South Auckland wool programme straight away & have been knitting & crafting since then.
I feel connected to my community when crafting for charity. I'm now more aware of the world around me and feel blessed to have talents that I can share.
2 comments:
wow that is an inspiring story .. it sounds like you've found a meaningful way to share the crafty love!
Wow this is a gorgous story Norma, so sorry to hear of your nephew, and so glad to hear the other one is fighting and doing well. A really lovely story, and what a lovely way to put into the community and how special that you were the one in the family to have your lovely skill. You are SO excellent at your craft. Heres to the little ones..
Post a Comment