Tuesday, April 7, 2009

baby blanket


whenever Spotlight has a sale, I try to buy at least a couple of fabric remnants bags. They're a real bargain at $5 each and are bursting with fabric. I'm always surprised with what I get as I can't see what's inside when I buy a bag.

Today's bags were full of children fabrics including this really lovely muslin in a sweet shade of mint green which I thought would make a nice baby blanket. I rounded the corners and hemmed, adding some simple animal appliques in one corner. This blanket is off to the Middlemore hospital charity. There's also some towelling which would make great bibs and polar fleece for toddlers beanies as well.

2 comments:

Mary Nanna said...

That's very admirable of you. I am a selfish sewer at heart and want all that time to be spent on me me me!

sweetp said...

Oh that is a lovely blanket, great score.