Thursday, March 19, 2009

the scrap fabric stash


yes it's finally time to take a hard look at the scrap fabric stash and give it a good sort out. I don't like waste and try to do all that I can to reduce my environmental footprint with my crafting as well. So all the scrap fabric is put aside to use in one way or another. Apart from the fabric balls and my crazy patchwork dorothy bag (both still 'work in progress'), I've been on the lookout for some other small projects to use up my scraps. My pattern stash yielded this Kwik sew pattern for pin cushions, which could be great.


I discovered these liberty fabric scraps hiding at the very bottom of the pile. They were a $1 op shop find. These could make up a pretty doll quilt using Sew Mama Sew's doll quilt tutorials and there's enough scraps to make 2 doll quilt panels.

If you have any little project suggestions, I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Mary Nanna said...

well, this is a subject very dear to my heart.

I started a second blog, bohemianscrapsody.blogspot.com which is group blog about this very subject.

I've left it for a while, because at the moment I don't have the energy to put it out there, and work on stuff to put on it.

I will later though, because it is really important to me.

So I await with interest to see what you come up with!