this is my first progress post about the Alice & Olivia pants that I've decided (in a moment of madness?) to make.
Today I popped into Nick's Fabrics, in the midst of a $4 per metre sale, and managed to find a nice lightweight pinstripe gaberdine (in dark chocolate brown and charcoal grey) to make 2 pairs of pants. Also found a cheapie light blue fabric for my fitting muslin as I didn't have anything suitable in the fabric stash.
I'm using Vogue 1035, which describes itself as an 'average' pattern. The instructions include 59 steps. The only forseeable construction issue for me will be the back welt pockets. I haven't sewn these in a long while, so it's going to be a deliberately slow process. The pattern is cut out and now needs adjustments. I typically need to adjust for the following: fuller tummy, waist, hips, thighs, less fullness in the leg width and shorten the length. I'm actually looking forward to putting these together. It's been ages since I've sewn myself anything even remotely tailored.
No comments:
Post a Comment