For me, there's nothing better than doing a little crochet when the tv's on. I'd seen a few Queen Ann crochet scarflettes on etsy and thought I might have a go at getting the stitch right. This was my first attempt with double knit wool and a number 2.5 hook. I'm very happy with the result plus it grows so fast. When I'm not doing my doll sewing, I'll be experimenting with different wools to see what varying finishes I can achieve. Next thing to do, is work on some crochet flowers for brooches. I'm committed to giving only handmade gifts this Christmas and this scarf is an ideal pressie.
a visual record of creative life in New Zealand with some sewing, photography and other equally delightful notions thrown into the mix...
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Queen Ann crochet scarf
For me, there's nothing better than doing a little crochet when the tv's on. I'd seen a few Queen Ann crochet scarflettes on etsy and thought I might have a go at getting the stitch right. This was my first attempt with double knit wool and a number 2.5 hook. I'm very happy with the result plus it grows so fast. When I'm not doing my doll sewing, I'll be experimenting with different wools to see what varying finishes I can achieve. Next thing to do, is work on some crochet flowers for brooches. I'm committed to giving only handmade gifts this Christmas and this scarf is an ideal pressie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this blue crochet its beautiful.
Post a Comment