Tuesday, April 23, 2013

k9 camouflage coat



Even though this is a quick and easy coat to sew. I somehow managed to stitch the collar to the tail end of the coat. It wasn't until I'd finished all the top stitching that I realised my mistake. What to do? at 1am in the morning, the last thing I wanted to do was start unpicking. Reasoning with myself that the dog would not care about a less than perfect garment, I cut the collar off and hey presto, a collarless camouflage coat for Fergus.



I know it's a crazy colour combination - somehow camouflage and bright orange go together well. The camo polar fleece is a seconds fabric with an irregular print. I'm sure Fergus will be too busy thinking how smart he looks to notice that the pattern isn't quite right! next up, I'll make another polar fleece coat with the collar in the right place this time and then a waterproof coat after that.

No comments: