Sunday, June 17, 2012

black hard plastic


this English black pedigree doll (another Trademe find) is the latest to join my collection of vintage dolls. She's 16 inches tall and is still dressed in her original outfit and shoes. I am intrigued by her face and I wonder what her story is?

2 comments:

Marianne said...

this is what I have found out about the girl

Pedigree Delite Negro, 1950s, amber and black weighted/flirty eyes, thick red lips, black astrakhan wig, five piece curved limb body 15"/38cm
Marianne

marianne said...

Hi there its me from across the ditch, mother of Lulu since about 1953, she is about to go to hospital and have some eye surgery and work on her vocals (she needs new 'mama' at the moment she only manages a 'ma'. I would love to see your dolls whole outfit, I sort of remember the frock from when Lulu was new but would like to make a new one.
regards
Marianne