Sunday, March 27, 2011

take a seat

1970s Airest Armchair


1960s Retro 3 piece lounge suite

In keeping with the retro look for the bach, I've scored some great furniture buys on Trademe (our local NZ equivalent to ebay). The first is a very comfortable Airest armchair from the 1970s with the star design spring base. I'm planning to have this armchair recovered in some upholstery fabric that I bought from Designer Fabrics, Panmure, which was $10 a metre. Not a bad price considering that upholstery fabric is usually $50+ per metre retail.

Next is an original 3 piece 1960s retro lounge suite complete with a fully functional sofa bed. There's a few loose buttons on the sofa and a small tear at the lower back on one of the armchairs which I'll repair. Other than that and adding some retro inspired cushions, this suite is destined to stay in it's original fabric for a little while longer.


No comments: