Monday, June 7, 2010

crochet crinoline lady


put gingham and crochet together and the end result is a beautiful supper cloth with crochet edging and a crinoline lady posing at each corner. Without a pattern, it took some trial and error to get the lady to look just as I wanted her to and I'm very happy with the result.

I'm on a bit of a crochet buzz at the moment, so next I'd like to try making this swan doiley. Why? I love working in miniature and the idea of crochet swans with long delicate necks and tiny beaks really appeals to me. For true nanny chic, the finished doiley will be displayed underneath my maidenhair fern.

The bach is booked for the end of year holidays. This year we're heading to Scandrett Bay which is the next bay over from Martins Bay where we usually go and we're staying in the 'Graham Bach'. As you can see, there's a 70s retro theme in the decor and the water is right at the door almost. All my favourite things in the one place! We're still set to visit Samoa later this year too.





No comments: