Sunday, April 11, 2010

pressing ham and seam roll

back in August last year I blogged here about making some new pressing tools for my sewing room. At the top of the list was getting a new iron which I bought straight away. I've just finished the pressing ham and seam roll at long last. The fabrics were all sourced from my fabric collection and the sawdust came from a local woodworking factory. I was a little frustrated working with sawdust, it seemed to get on to everything & everywhere including up my nose, in my hair, on my clothes, on the table, the floor... so it was a stop-start process! as you can guess, I'm very pleased to have finished them. I'm still undecided about making a new ironing board cover to match.

then to just challenge myself, I made a smaller scale ham and seam roll set for my doll sewing. This set was much easier to make and is stuffed with dacron.

I haven't achieved as much sewing as I'd hoped since my last post... it seems as if there's always something else going on! There's only 1 week left of school holidays and then the children are back at school.


1 comment:

Adelaide said...

I loved the colors you used.