when reviewing my ball jointed doll (bjd) sewing, it's become obvious that I needed new models. Just like the human world, new sculpts are being released all the time and the doll sewer has to keep up. So I decided to retire 6 of my sewing models, 3 have sold on ebay with another 3 to go. Luckily with this hobby I'm able to fund my new models from the sale of the older ones. Then the next thing to do, is decide on the new models. I'm going to stick to sewing only for the bigger size bjds with a mature/realistic look.
My first replacement model is 70cm Iplehouse Akando. After a lot of research, I decided to buy a second hand Akando from a seller in Germany (yes, she gave him a celtic styled faceup) and today I'm off to pay his duties and rescue him from customs. Akando will be my 1st masculine model for sewing. Up till now I'd kept away from sewing for the male bjd as most of the males were skinny, lanky and adrogynous looking. Not very inspiring. Now Iplehouse have created an amazing selection of realistic, masculine sculpts including Akando - exactly what I'm after!
once I've got him home, I'll be taking his head off and sending that away for a new repaint. I've asked faceup artist Pepstar to create a natural, masculine look for Akando. (I wish I could do it myself but I don't have the talent or the paitence to learn). While his head is away, I'll work on removing his blue tatooes and then start putting together some basic clothing styles ie. t shirts, pants and hoodies to sell.
Occassionally I'll write the odd post about my bjd sewing, after all it is part of my craft and sewing hobby/interests but rest assured non doll loving folk, I won't be posting back to back about bjds.


No comments:
Post a Comment