I have to introduce you all to my early wedding anniversary present... a Dutch commuter bicycle complete with the cane basket. Isn't it beautiful? as some of you may know I'm a fan of retro and this bicycle style has been on my dream list for a very long time. Back in the late 70s-early 80s I was the very proud owner of a Raleigh 20 cruiser which was a dream to ride on the flat. I rode it everywhere. The only problem was that it had one single gear and was a pain to ride up hills. This bike takes hill rides to another level... smooth and easy!
Now all I need to complete the picture is to cycle in heels and a frock, looking ever so urban chic.
ps. since this bicycle arrived, I've not been anywhere near my sewing machine. So I'll be doing a few late nighters to get my birthday surprises finished before Sunday.

1 comment:
Cool bike! I love the cane basket. In addition to the frock and heels, you just need a baguette, bottle of red and a punnet of raspberries...and a great place to picnic, of course!
Post a Comment