Sunday, January 31, 2010

jiffy sundress

at last something new to show you straight off the sewing machine! this is a 'jiffy' pullover sundress which is meant to be made in next to no time at all unless you're like me and are a finicky, fussy sewer even on the simplest things. I used Simplicity 5504 issued back in 1984 (another second hand 10 cents pattern from the thrift shop) and 2 fabrics from my stash to make up this dress for Miss almost 3. The iron-on applique is a simple heart placed over a flower shape cut from the fabric scraps.

I really like this pattern. It's pretty and girly and a good style for warmer weather. We're planning a trip to Samoa later on this year and I'll definitely be making at least a couple more of these dresses for her to wear then.

Photo removed for safety reasons due to cyber stalking!

1 comment:

Miss Smith said...

Wow, what a cute dress. And a cute model too of course!