the Crown Lynn swan vase is an iconic piece of NZ kiwiana history. It was in almost every New Zealand home in the 1950s -60s. However in the early 1970s it's popularity was at an all time low, so it was phased out. Now it's a highly sought after collectible (hard to find pristine) that looks beautiful when filled with huge fresh flower blooms. Dear hubby, surprised me with these CL swan vases and the little Gobbles / Humell swan as an early birthday present. He knows I've been wanting one for ages. I'm looking forward to our garden roses blooming so that I can fill them with flowers.
not much sewing or crafting at the moment. I've been busy with children home for the school holidays and helping collect items for the Samoa Tsunami relief aid. Hopefully next week I'll have something 'sewing' related to talk about.


No comments:
Post a Comment