Sunday, August 30, 2009

singer featherweight

I've been wanting one of these sewing machines for a very long time. Today must be my lucky day as I found a really fine example on Trademe and didn't hesitate to press the buy now button.

The featherweight is a lovely little machine that has a wealth of history and interesting facts. It's portable and comes in a sturdy case. It's also said to be the only sewing machine in the world that has a book written about it and a dedicated fan club. I've read that it's a very popular machine with quilters.

I'm not a quilter and don't expect to start madly quilting anytime soon. I saw the featherweight in action as a child and made up my mind that I'd buy one for myself one day. Dream fulfilled, today was the day!

3 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

What a little treasure, great find!

Miss Smith said...

I've always been a fan of singers too, I learned to sew on an old one a bit like that and it was a wee trooper, it just went and went.

SueFitz said...

Love that machine - it's what I learned on. Still have the machine, which was orginally my mom's.