Monday, July 13, 2009

tummy tuck jeans


on my wardrobe plan was a new pair of dark blue/black bootcut jeans. I'd read recently about the 'Not your daughters jeans' and got the chance to try them on. These jeans do live up to their reputation of being able to give the wearer a nice shape. The fabric has a decent amount of lycra in it and is much softer than conventional denim. The trick is to buy a size smaller than what you'd normally wear. That way you're tucked in and held up in all the right places. Unfortunately at over $320 a pair, they're not very affordable at all.

After a day of trying on jeans and getting close to giving up on finding a comfortable pair, I decided to go to Farmers, a local department store. There I found some tummy tuck jeans, with a great support panel across the tummy area. It didn't have as much lycra as the NYD jeans but still does provide a comfortable fit. I chose a mid-rise bootcut style in a dark ink blue denim. Best of all it was $50 on sale, so I bought a couple of pairs. Thank goodness for mid year sales!

2 comments:

Mary Nanna said...

score! I have eyed up those jeans at Smith and Caughie's and like you have gasped at the price. Great bargain hunting!

Pinkflowerbuttons said...

I love bootleg jeans they rock, I wanted to try some bootleg chordarouy pants on the other day in kmart but looks were decieiving. bargain and I love the brand tag