Finished Miss 2's play dress last night and then pressed and hung it up for her to find and wear this morning. With delight she put it on, all the while asking 'for me?' and 'sooo cute!.' There's been plenty of whirling and twirling this morning. The green of the skirt was hard to photograph. The photo of Miss 2 modelling is the closest to the actual shade of the fabric.
Another successful garment made from an Enid Gilchrist pattern. The pattern was drafted with ease. Next time I make this dress, I'll redraft the neckline to allow for a deeper square. Apart from that, it looks like the 3 'ugly' fabrics go together well.
8 comments:
Miss Two looks absolutely adorable in her dress.
Hi Norma,
Love the play dress. The fabrics do work very well together.
Did you add turnings to the armhole and neckline? If so that may be why the neckline is so high as turning don't need to be added for bound edges. I've done this a couple of times..I did it last night on the baby gown I was working on! I narrowed the neckline and had to cut it back again.
Great dress, you can see the dimensions are just rectangles. Could you give the formula?
I love everything about this play dress .
The colours are gorgeous and the detailing is very stylish - the buttons, the pocket, the ric rac.
No wonder you daughter loves it.
Hi Tracy, thanks for the handy tip about the turnings. I'll make sure to remember that for next time. Cheers!
That is gorgous, and so great to see how it turned out after seeing the beginning of it a couple of posts earlier. Well done!! An Inspiration!
Hi Myra, the pattern is from Enid Gilchrist's 'Toddlers Clothes' pattern book. Cheers!
I'm pretty sure I want this in my size!
Post a Comment