Miss 2 has been waiting so paitently by the sewing machine for me to stop working on Miss 12's Mary Quant inspired mini dress & start sewing her play clothes.
Her first item of play clothing is an economical square yoked dress drafted from Enid Gilchrist's 'Toddlers Clothes' book. Again, the Spotlight remnants bag hasn't disappointed. It's yielded up 3 really 'ugly' fabrics that go together in a mixy/matchy sort of way. My plan is to make version 1 using the ice blocks fabric for the yoke & pocket, green floral for the dress skirt, make stripey bias binding for around the neckline, armholes and border on pocket. Thank goodness Miss 2 isn't fussed about colour yet. Her main concern I think is that it's twirly and whirly. So off I go to make it work!
3 comments:
I look forward to seeing what you come up with :)
Oh I am totally in love with that iceblock print. How cute is that?
The patterns look gorgous.
Post a Comment