Thursday, May 14, 2009

chocolate play dress


I've never been a fan of the colour brown. Probably because I spent 5 years at college wearing what I considered to be the ugliest school uniform ever. Picture this, a brown tartan skirt with 2 inverted pleats in the front and back (designed to make even the thinnest girl look wide), bright yellow blouse and brown wool jumper. I'm convinced that the uniform designer must have had a cruel sense of humour.

When I decided to make this play dress I thought it might be more helpful if I changed my approach. So, I renamed it 'the chocolate play dress.' Like a box of chocolates, it's full of surprise!!!

There's still plenty of fabric left over so I may make another style of play dress featuring more gingham and less print. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Miss Dolly said...

Very pretty :D

Pinkflowerbuttons said...

I don't the color brown either, but youve made a great job of making this dress look wearable. Very clever to make those pleats, I love your posts. Thanks

Trudy Callan said...

Very beautiful!!!

www.sewinwithtrudy.blogspot.com