Friday, April 17, 2009

simple nightgown



now the big reveal of Miss 2's simple nightgown. As with all of Enid's patterns, it was easy enough to draft up. I usually skim read the instructions and then put the garment together my way. The fit and length is good. When it was made up, I realised that Miss 2's wrists were larger than the finished nightgown. It was something that I hadn't thought of. So the french seams on the sleeves were undone to make room for her wrists. I guess the 1950s 2 year old had tiny wrists. As you can see that nightie is made up of floral & plain pink wincyette (both remnants), ricrac and leftover pink satin ribbon. My nightie has to be a salute to 1950s thriftiness.

1 comment:

Ange said...

she looks gorgeous, I love her little toes popping up at the front of the photo. Lovely nightgown!!