with the trip to Wellington in mind, I've been preoccupied with making a tote bag. In the Spotlight remnant bag was this open weave cotton fabric with the worst grain issues ever. So in a moment of mad inspiration, I thought it would be a great challenge to use it for my bag. Looking back, I was certainly challenged!
This tote tutorial makes a nice, roomy bag. It's ideal in size for supermarket shopping, library books or as a gym gear bag. Next time I make this tote bag, I'll sew a lining inside it. For now, the bag is host to a number of toys including a vintage golliwog 'Mr Jim.'
2 comments:
wow - you did a great job with getting a straight grain considering the material you were working with .. cute bag .. must bookmark that link.. thanks!
ooo... i love your bag!!!
my roommate bought a panda bag!
She is just THRILLED with it and can’t put it down.
hkpanda.freetzi.com
Post a Comment