as the title of this post suggests, the 2nd doll quilt which started off really well, has turned 'wonky.' I thought that the small blue floral print had more cotton than polyester. I was wrong. When pressing the seams open, the fabric kind of shrunk a little. Now I have curvy instead of straight edges in some places. I can't be bothered unpicking and replacing the wonky squares. Besides I don't have any other scraps to replace them with. So I'm going to finish the quilt and use it to practice my stippling. I'm sure that Miss 2 will be only too happy to take it off my hands for her dollies.
a visual record of creative life in New Zealand with some sewing, photography and other equally delightful notions thrown into the mix...
Sunday, March 29, 2009
wonky scraps doll quilt
as the title of this post suggests, the 2nd doll quilt which started off really well, has turned 'wonky.' I thought that the small blue floral print had more cotton than polyester. I was wrong. When pressing the seams open, the fabric kind of shrunk a little. Now I have curvy instead of straight edges in some places. I can't be bothered unpicking and replacing the wonky squares. Besides I don't have any other scraps to replace them with. So I'm going to finish the quilt and use it to practice my stippling. I'm sure that Miss 2 will be only too happy to take it off my hands for her dollies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this is inspiration to me..
Post a Comment