The simple doll quilt that I blogged about last week is finished. It looks really great on the doll bed even though its a little small for this bed. I also made a little pillow to go with the quilt. I found the instructions from this really great
tutorial very useful when doing the binding. I think I did a pretty good job. Even the mitred corners look good. I'll need to practice stippling a lot more before even trying it on a quilt as my earlier attempts were awful.
I've started a second doll quilt with my leftover fabric scraps. This one is more of a challenge as I'm working with a very limited colour palette. Guess that's just what happens when it comes to making something out of scraps. However, I think that I can 'make it work!'
1 comment:
Nice work! And you're doing a great job with your scraps on the second one - I do love a cool palette. It's very pretty indeed.
Post a Comment