
it seems as if not too many people these days bother with mending. Probably because we value our time so much that we'd rather be doing something else and maybe because it's just easier to replace than repair. I'm determined to make mending a habit, rather than think of it as a boring and uninteresting activity that I've got to try and avoid for as long as possible.
So the mending basket came out today and I got to work. Hemming, fixing tears in pants and replacing lots of buttons seemed to be a consistent thing this time round. The worst part is digging through the button jar trying to find a similar button without success and then ending up by having to replace the lot.
Dear hubby's work clothes are always in need of repair. Meanwhile Mr 10 is equally hard on his clothes. On top of that, the children are growing like bean poles. So every bit of wear that they can get out of their clothes is a bonus. For now, I'm as pleased as punch that I've finished all the mending.
No comments:
Post a Comment