
With A Flower by Emily Dickinson
I hide myself within my flower,
That wearing on your breast,
You, unsuspecting, wear me too --
And angels know the rest.
I hide myself within my flower,
That, fading from your vase,
You, unsuspecting, feel for me
Almost a loneliness.
although valentine's day is traditionally a time for romantic love, I thought I'd share with you, my secret love for poetry. Especially Emily Dickinson's poems. I discovered her work when I was 13 years old and quite by chance read her collection of poems in the library. I'd found a way to express my love of rhythm with words and language. I've been a poet ever since.
2 comments:
Ive spotted your blog somewhere along the way. Its great. I love this black and white photo and the words. I love poetry. Thankyou for sharing. I will send you an invite to my blog. Cheers
I would to invite you to my blog, if you like. Do you mind sending me your email address so I can send you an invite via email. My email is meeghanrose@hotmail.com.
Cheers
Post a Comment