
It's called a 'Dorothy' bag probably after the bag that Dorothy carried in the 'Wizard of Oz" movie, although I could be wrong.
What a great way to use up all my scraps. A herringbone stitch or some other decorative embroidery stitch in a gold coloured thread would be ideal for connecting all the pieces together.
It would be perfect lined in a contrasting vintage taffeta fabric. The possibilities are endless!!!
a visual record of creative life in New Zealand with some sewing, photography and other equally delightful notions thrown into the mix...
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
vintage inspiration
I've been wondering what to do with my ever growing pile of fabric scraps left over from finished projects. Little projects are more my thing at the moment, so making patchwork quilts is out for me. I saw this on trademe and felt some 'vintage inspiration" coming on
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's so funny - I have a teapot cover that is made from small scraps of material (just like this bag), but each scrap has a little embroidered design on it. It's so pretty! It was made in 1906 but some relation... I forget who, but your post has got me all inspired to make one of my own. Good luck with your one - look forward to seeing what you come up with!
This is gorgous...
Post a Comment