Miss 12 has put in a special request for bed socks. She loves the feel of toasty, warm feet even in the summer time. I've always avoided knitting socks, convinced that the shaping was too complicated for my knitting skills. That's all about to change! Today, while tidying up our bookshelf, I found a pattern in a 'Get Creative' magazine for easy knitted tube socks. It's knitted up in 8 ply wool, on 4.5 double pointed knitting needles, which will be a first for me! I've found some blue multi-coloured wool in my stash which will look perfect as socks. I'll post a photo soon when I've made decent enough progress to share.
a visual record of creative life in New Zealand with some sewing, photography and other equally delightful notions thrown into the mix...
Friday, January 30, 2009
socks
Miss 12 has put in a special request for bed socks. She loves the feel of toasty, warm feet even in the summer time. I've always avoided knitting socks, convinced that the shaping was too complicated for my knitting skills. That's all about to change! Today, while tidying up our bookshelf, I found a pattern in a 'Get Creative' magazine for easy knitted tube socks. It's knitted up in 8 ply wool, on 4.5 double pointed knitting needles, which will be a first for me! I've found some blue multi-coloured wool in my stash which will look perfect as socks. I'll post a photo soon when I've made decent enough progress to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this photo its really cool, and I love bed socks.
Post a Comment